This Tikka masala base has been made with love. Banu has carefully produced it in the traditional way so that the outcome is a truly authentic Tikka masala from North India.
Ingredients - onion, garlic, ginger, tomato, garam masala, chili and turmeric powder, cumin seeds, salt, bay leaf, fenugreek leaf and canola oil.
Allergens - Nutmeg, Mace
Free from: msg, palm oil, preservatives, vinegar, nuts, gluten, soy, artificial colors and sugar.
It is vegan/vegetarian friendly.
Size - 300ml Jar/pouch. Cooks 1 kg of protein or vegetables.
To Marinate: take a tbsp. of the gravy and mix it with your protein/vegetable, set aside for about 15 - 30 minutes.
Four steps to make the best tikka masala:
- Pan sear or grill on barbeque or in the oven your desired protein/ vegetable / tofu / paneer till it is cooked fully.
- Add this jar of Tikka Masala gravy and mix well.
- Add ½ - 1 cup of hot water, mix well, taste salt add if desired.
- Bring to one rolling boil, then remove from heat. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes.
Finishing the curry
- Add finely chopped fresh coriander (optional).
- Sprinkle some Banu’s Garam Masala Powder for extra flavors.
- If you are using yogurt whisk well (or else it will split), add little by little taste and stop when you are happy with the taste.
- If you are using coconut cream, shake well add a little taste and add more if required stop when you are happy with the taste profile.
DON’T ADD TOO MUCH WATER AS THE COCONUT CREAM/ CREAM OR YOGHURT WILL DILUTE THE CURRY FURTHER. SLOWLY ADD IT AND KEEP CHECKING THE TASTE STOP WHEN IT REACHES THE DESIRED TASTE AND CONSISTENCY.
1. The sauces in the fridge will stay well for a month.
2. Once you open it is highly recommended that you make the full curry and freeze the curry instead of leaving half a jar in the fridge as it has no preservatives or other ingredients to enhance the shelf life.
3. Please enjoy the sauce soon as it is super fresh with no nasties.