This Tikka masala base has been made with love. Banu has carefully produced it in the traditional way so that the outcome is a truly authentic Tikka masala.
Ingredients - onion, tomato, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, salt, canola oil, fenugreek leaf, tempered with cumin seeds, bay leaf.
Allergens - Nutmeg, Mace
Free from: msg, palm oil, preservatives, vinegar, nuts, gluten, soy, artificial colors and sugar.
It is vegan/vegetarian friendly.
Size - 300ml Jar/pouch. Cooks 1 kg of protein or 1.25 kgs of vegetables.
To Marinate: take a tbsp. of the gravy and mix it with your protein/vegetable, set aside for about 15 - 30 minutes.
Four steps to make the best butter chicken curry:
- Pan sear or grill on barbeque or in the oven your desired protein/ vegetable / tofu / paneer till it is cooked fully.
- Add this jar of Tikka Masala gravy to your sautéed ingredients and mix well.
- Add ½ - 1 cup of hot water, mix well, taste salt add if desired.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then remove from heat. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes.
Finishing the curry
- Add finely chopped fresh coriander (optional).
- Sprinkle some Banu’s Garam Masala Powder for extra flavors.
- If you are using yogurt whisk well (or else it will split), add little by little taste and stop when you are happy with the taste.
- If you are using coconut cream, shake well and a little taste and add more if required stop when you are happy with the taste profile.
DON’T ADD TOO MUCH WATER AS THE COCONUT CREAM/ CREAM OR YOGHURT WILL DILUTE THE CURRY FURTHER. SLOWLY ADD IT IN KEEP CHECKING THE TASTE STOP WHEN IT REACHES THE DESIRED TASTE AND CONSISTENCY.